This weekend I had the chance to enjoy one of the finest breweries in Broward County Florida, LauderAle Brewery and Taproom (https://lauderale.co/).
The start up story is similar to other successful craft ventures, couple of good friends wondering what if started a brewery. Anyway, enough on the back history. Click the link above to take you to their website.
We attended on Saturday afternoon, the place was definitely busy from the music the dunk your bartender. The theme for the celebration was “Salvage our Seas”, definitely the right message as we look at story after story of plastics in our ocean. Buy a glass, skip the plastic this year.
The event spans the entire weekend with a new release on tap every hour starting at noon on Friday the Black Mamba on Brett with Cherries which is a Sour Export Stout and wrapping up with a Barrel Aged Black Mamba, and Export Stout aged in Bourbon Barrels. 30 Special releases in all over the weekend.
Of course no celebration is complete without specials to take home and the 5 pack made the most sense to me since it came with a T-shirt to remember the event.
- The shipwreck series of beers in 25oz bottles include the SS Sapona, a barrel aged coconut porter. This beer won the gold medal at the 2017 Great American Beer Festival.
- The SS Copenhagen , a barrel aged stout aged 12 months in buffalo trace bourbon barrels.
- The previously mentioned Black Mamba with Cherries
- A 4 pack of pint cans of Lunch Money with is a New England Style Pale Ale and lastly,
- A 4 pack of pint cans of Monkey Road Red, a double dry hopped American Amber Ale.
The Surfrider foundation (https://broward.surfrider.org/about-us/ was a partner in the event. This is a not for profit organization dedicated to the protection and enjoyment of the worlds oceans, waves and beaches through a powerful activist network. I met Vince Bolocofsky from this group and he gave me a quick run down on the broward chapter of this worldwide organization and a bit of its history. I recommend checking them out and if you are into the ocean, sign up for a volunteer event on their website.
So for South Florida Locals, today (7/28), the event opens at 11 and runs to 11 tonight, swing by and check out the event, dunk a bartender, get some merchandise, bring your dog. It is truly like hanging out with a bunch of friends and having a great time.
Last modified: July 28, 2019